Monday, April 27, 2009

Adventures in Getting in Shape

Ugh. I used to like working out. Well, at least I didn't hate it. Mostly because it wasn't that hard. I could go on my elliptical for a half hour, watch TV, work up a great sweat, and be done. Now, it's hard. I keep reminding myself that my body has been through it's own sort of war and that my stomach has been stretched like a balloon, but it's still frustrating. So, I didn't do it.

But, here's the deal. In about 6 weeks I'm going on vacation and I'm still about 15lbs too fat for my summer clothes. Oh, and we just bought a van, so we have no money for new "fat" summer clothes. Either I'll be naked on vacation or I'll lose my weight. And really, who wants to see a naked momma with her deflated balloon belly?

Here's the plan. First, I'm going to start the Couch to 5k program. I love running and it's the easiest way for me to shed the lbs. The main issues with running, though, are time and weather. So, the days that I can't run, I'll be doing the BabyTalk workout.

The beautiful thing about running is that it will be "me time." Time that I can spend clearing my mind and feeling free. And if/when the boys go with me, it'll be great to get them outside.

The beautiful thing about the BabyTalk is that I can spend time with my boys. And, as an added bonus, we're working on sitting up, so it gives them time to practice.

Today, Patrick was napping while George and I did the BabyTalk workout. For about a half hour, George worked on his tummy muscles while I worked on mine, and I'm pretty sure that by the end, we had both worked up a pretty good sweat.

So, today was the first day of my 6 weeks to Skinny (well, at least not fat). Let's see if I can hit my goal of 15lbs off in 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment