Monday, April 27, 2009

...continued

My grandparents used to live in East Troy, WI, across the street from Lake Beulah. Some of my favorite memories include being at their house, sitting on the porch on summer evenings basking in the smell of the lake and the sweet smell of flowers. Since a very young age, that smell signifies summer for me. Tonight was the first night of summer in my world. Lake Michigan is a mile from our house and the Magnolia flowers are open...it's perfect.

Not only was tonight my first night of summer, but it was the first time in a year and a half that I've run. And it felt great! The first step of Couch to 5k is to do a 5 minute brisk walk warm-up, and then to alternate between 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes of running/walking. Then a cool down walk. I was out for 35 minutes and walked/ran 2.9 miles.

Now, of that 2.9 miles, the majority was walking, but still, that's pretty good. Plus, that was my second workout of the day! Hopefully I can keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Kate!
    I stumbled upon your cute blog...love your passion for getting back in shape! Thats one of the hardest challenges of being a mom--focusing on "me". I used to run years ago when I lived with my college roommates. However, a few years ago I was diagnosed with a crippling chronic illness that put me in-out wheelchairs. Im able to walk again now, but Ill never be able to run again. Thats ok, though, because Im so grateful to God that I can walk.

    Love your post! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete