Sunday, June 12, 2011

The (new) Adventure Begins...

In awkward, shakey handwriting, I wrote, "When I grow up, I'm going to be an author." That was in first grade. In second grade, I wrote my first fictional story about a dinosaur and her baby. I used flashbacks and no one got it except my mom who said it was great (thanks, Mom!). In middle school, high school, and college, my love of writing developed and grew.
Now, after spending the last two and a half years being a mama and letting my passion for writing sit aside while my new passion for my kiddos took over, I stand here, breathe held and eyes squeezed shut on the edge of my dream, ready to leap.
I.Am.A.Writer.
There. I said it, so now it's true. I am a writer.
Hi. I'm Kate Gleich. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I'm a writer.

1 comment:

  1. And from the Mom who got the story, it is good to have you writing again!

    ReplyDelete