Friday, June 17, 2011

A Country Father's Day

I love living near Chicago, but at heart, I’m a country girl. I grew up on a gravel road, surrounded by farms, 5 miles out of town. In honor of Father’s Day, here’s a list of things I learned from my dad that only a country girl would know:

1.) How to spot and identify birds of prey.

2.) What a deer tick looks like.

3.) How to shine deer.

4.) How to shoot all sorts of guns.

5.) When choosing your clothing, always ask yourself, “Would I be comfortable in a deer blind?”

6.) How to make a fire using flint.

7.) Blaze orange looks good on everyone.

8.) Duct tape and Shoe Goo fix everything.

9.) How to use a homemade turkey call.

10.) How to make the best apple crisp over an open fire.

Thanks, Dad, for teaching me all sorts of valuable things. I love the memories we have together and that I have awesome tidbits to pass on to the boys.

Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment