Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Toddler Footprints

Today Thriving Family posted the question "What do you like most about summer?" on Twitter and Facebook. Throughout the day, I thought about that question. I like the hot weather (even though we don't have air conditioning). I like having a looser schedule. I like that my husband has a break from school. I like being outside. I like the sunshine.

But what do I like most?

As the boys and I came in from playing in the baby pool in our yard, I looked down, and I saw what I like best about summer. Toddler footprints. George and Patrick were leaving little, wet toddler footprints all over the laundry room.

Those sweet little footprints reminded me of so much. They reminded me of the fun times had in the pool. They reminded me of summers gone by (last year they would have been smeared from all the tumbling the boys were doing). They reminded me that soon, those footprints would be much bigger.

Time goes so fast and I find myself often too busy to appreciate the small things in life. So this summer, what I'm going to like best are those little toddler footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment